Saturday, June 21, 2008

Shopping behavior


I brought my daughter to one of our favorite shops and hang-outs in Cubao Expo, where my shop is located. Ho-Land, a nice quaint Chinese delicacy shop where you can get great tasting comfort food and treats. My favorite is their Chicken Pie! and I love taking home large packs of those addictive white squash seeds, crispy squid flakes (which makes my hubby veer away from me unless I have already brushed my teeth..haha) and Haw flakes which Yan-yan is really really addicted to.

Oh, my daughter's name is Yan-yan. Like the cookie snack that you dip in either chocolate or strawberry cream. That was the snack that made me survive the ALL DAY SICKNESS (not morning sickness) during my pregnancy's first term. Apart from the fact that her dad's name is Ryan.

Anyhoo, so there we were, at the door. I placed her down carefully as thought she'd be running off to the lot of products displayed at the side. To my surprise, she didn't. She was so amazed at the display rack of all the different goodies, she held her distance and just pointed and said "Mommy, wow!".

I couldn't help it so I took pictures to prove to her dad that she was well behaved at a store where the products were just within her reach...as this rarely happens. Try bringing her to a a department store. I plan the days that I bring her to the toy store because you CANNOT leave without having to pay for something because she won't even let the cashier swipe the thing without a fight.


So there I was, so proud that she was able to control herself, but then again, I figured that she was just overwhelmed as to where to start.

The funniest part though was that since she was bottling up all her excitement for so long (around 5 minutes), she couldn't help but show her excitement by making her trademark "GIGIL" thing (as seen in the picture) and her little cute squeels.

Is this the making of a shop-a-holic? I better not give her an extension card when she can legally own one. It's scary.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com