Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Spend or Save

I for one am a bag lover. But I don't stress myself too much in having the designer label if I can't really afford one (and I really can't..hehe).

For some, it's basically about status. Holding a designer label especially when the monogram print says that it's one of THE DESIGNER IT BAGS, well, people do really tend to look.

For others, it's the quality. Since all designer bags come with a hefty price tag, it therefore SHOULD be made of the best material and the craftsmanship must be superb, otherwise, it's not even worth the money.

The best reason I actually like is because of the style and design. At the end of the day, you'd really like to have either something unique, versatile, functional and most importantly, something that will match most of your outfits or a bag that will MAKE your outfit.

But since I'm a mom, always under the budget and would rather splurge on my little one most of the time rather than myself (it's a big change that wasn't so hard for me, I think most moms would agree that it doesn't take enough convincing to leave your wants for your baby's needs), I made myself a list of bag choices I like and tuned it into the all time favorite comparison chart: SPEND or SAVE.

This will probably a regular topic in my blog, because after all, we can't have too many bags. :) And to think I haven't started on the shoes yet.


So here we go...


SPEND: THE LV SPEEDY BAG
A good everyday bag that you can tote around and fit most of your essentials in.
It's not too big nor too small.
Somewhere around Php30k


SAVE: THE TIRAMISU SPEEDY BAG
Same functions and purpose as you want it with superb quality and materials but a good affordable price. They're even giving free shipping with this bag. Also worthy of those stares because of the unique print and style but has it's own take on the doctor's bag shape we love about the LV speedy without saying it's a complete replica of the details from the Vuitton bag. It's still something uniquely designed and just right on the budget.
Php1,500 (to see more styles visit http://tiramisubags.multiply.com)




SPEND: The Chanel Quilted Flap
One of the most classic styles in bag history that's definitely timeless whether it's the classic or reissue type. I think it's the best evening or formal bag that will make a simple LBD and pearl earrings just fab.
Somewhere around Php120-200k (depends if it's a second hand - for discontinued and rare styles or the new reissues)



SAVE: The Tiramisu Mademoiselle Flap Bag
Something of the same effect but with a modern take and not too much screaming CHANEL!!! The function of the flap and chain embellishment is there with the lock and the quilting but it's a fresh take on the style that you can even use for casual occasions.
Php999
(to see more styles visit http://tiramisubags.multiply.com)


If you just happen to love quilted bags, here's another cute take from Tiramisu that has a Chanel like feel:


Tiramisu Vanity Kit (Php1500)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally get the whole spend-or-save bag thing. I love purses and shoes. A few months ago I went out on a limb and actually splurged on a Coach purse. Part of me felt it was time after 2 years to treat myself and the other part of me just wanted other people to have that good old fashioned purse envy that I am always guilty of. My husband totally doesn't get it.

oohwables&more said...

Haha. Mine doesn't as well. :) He'd rather buy me a bottle of perfume or a watch rather than a bag. Moms do deserve to give themselves a special treat once in a while. :)

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com